A primary goal of the Affordable Care Act is to help the 14% uninsured and eligible
Marylanders gain access to quality, affordable healthcare. Central to this goal is the
creation of Maryland Health Connection, Maryland’s health insurance marketplace.
Eligible Maryland residents will be able to enroll in a health plan or Medicaid to get
coverage that starts in January 2014.
What is Maryland Health Connection?
It is a new marketplace to compare health insurance options and enroll in a plan that best meets your needs, whether Medicaid or a private insurance plan.
Even if you have never been able to afford insurance before, you may qualify for financial assistance or qualify for Medicaid through expanded eligibility guidelines beginning in 2014.
- 14% uninsured in Maryland
- 6-month open enrollment period begins Oct. 1, 2013 and ends March 31, 2014
- Medicaid enrollment period continues year-round
- Coverage effective as early as January 1, 2014
- Many people will get savings they can use right away to help them pay for insurance in Maryland Health Connection (including an individual with income less than $45,960 or a family of 4 with income less than $94,200)
Questions about Maryland Health Connection?
The library is here to help! The library has trained Assisters and information staff who can help answer your questions about enrollment and provide resources that will help you through the process!
Assisters have received 40+ hours of training and can:
- Help you create an account on Maryland Health Connection
- Help you look at plan options for which you are eligible
- Answer questions specific to your situation
- Enroll you in Medicaid, if needed
To schedule an appointment with a trained Assister, check the calendar (link below) for available hours and then call your local library and ask for the information desk.
Affordable Care Act and Healthcare: Gotta have it, gonna get it!
Branch Phone Numbers
- Eldersburg Branch Library: 410.386.4460 or 410.795.3520
- Finksburg Branch Library: 410.386.4505
- Mount Airy Branch Library: 410.386.4470 or 301.829.5290
- North Carroll Branch Library: 410.386.4480
- Taneytown Branch Library: 410.386.4510
- Westminster Branch Library: 410.386.4490
- Answer general questions about Maryland Health Connection
- Assist you in finding Maryland Health Connection website
- Provide you with the number for the Consumer Support Center
- Provide printed information about Maryland Health Connection
- Assist you in setting up a required email address to complete the healthcare application
- Provide contact information for all Carroll County Assisters and Navigators
- Schedule an appointment with a Carroll County Public Library Assister
Maryland Health Connection website: http://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov
Consumer Support Center: 1-855-642-8572