Please Enjoy the Library and Respect its use by Others
The Board of the Carroll County Public Library has established rules of behavior that customers
must adhere to when in a library branch or on library property. These rules serve to: make the
library a welcoming and safe place for customers, maintain a safe workplace for staff, preserve
and protect the library's materials, facilities and property. Please help us by adhering to the
Rules of Conduct While Using the Carroll County Public Library
- Follow the rules for library computer use as outlined in the Internet Use Agreement.
- Wear shoes and shirts.
- Keep food and beverages in designated areas.
Please do not:
- Use personal electronic equipment, or talk, either on the phone or in person, in a volume
that causes a significant disturbance to others.
- Block entrances, exits, aisles or any other space designed for customers to access the
library's collections or services.
- Run, push, jump or climb.
- Leave children under age 8 unattended. The library is not responsible for unattended
children. Children under age 8 must be accompanied and directly supervised by an adult,
at all times, in all areas of the library and on its grounds.
- Leave personal belongings unattended in the library.
- Use bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or other sports equipment in the building or on
- Damage library equipment and materials.
- Bring pets inside the library (with the exception of service animals), except as allowed by
- Use tobacco (includes e-cigarettes) or alcohol on library property.
- Act in ways that disrespect or threaten other library users or library staff.
- Solicit, petition or distribute material inside or outside of the library that has not been
approved by the library.
- Sleep in the library or on library property.
- Commit or attempt to commit any action that is a violation of federal, state or local laws.
Customers violating these rules or otherwise disturbing the well-being and safety of others will
be asked to leave the library property, and police may be called.
CCPL Behavior Policy
Revised 3/27/84, 9/23/92, 2/28/01, 2/23/05, 6/28/06, 5/26/11, 3/28/12, 5/21/14