New updates as of May 5, 2020
The library is closed until further notice. We will re-evaluate regularly and provide updates on this page. All private meeting room bookings, library programs, and library events are cancelled during this time. Additionally, all CCPL in-person programs are canceled through June 30.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this evolving health crisis. We'll continue to keep you updated on this page throughout our closure.
- Fines will not be assessed on overdue materials between Friday, March 13 and Sunday, May 31, 2020.
- We have extended the due dates for all items due between February 13 and May 31, 2020 to July 31, 2020. This should prevent future overdue notices from being sent.
- Do not worry if you have received an overdue notice for items in our bookdrops or sitting at home. No fines will be charged for the March 13 - May 31, 2020 time period once checked in or returned.
- Materials that you have requested and are currently held at the library will be kept on the hold shelf for one week after we reopen.
- We will periodically check items in during our closure which will result in hold notices being sent via email and text. These newly held items will also be available for pickup one week after we reopen.
- We recommend that customers keep any materials at home during this period. External book drops are available at each library if you must return any items.
- Library Digital Content (movies, tv, books, magazines, and music), accessible from anywhere, continues to be available on the library's website.
- The number of Hoopla items you can download per month has been temporarily increased from 6 to 12 while we are closed.
- We have added a new streaming video service to our digital offerings. Kanopy is a video streaming service for quality, thoughtful entertainment. Find movies, documentaries, foreign films, classic cinema, independent films and educational videos that inspire, enrich and entertain. The movies are ad-free and can be enjoyed on your TV, mobile phone, tablets and online.
- Don't have a library card to access our digital content? Register for a temporary card that is good for at least two months. Stop in once we reopen for a permanent card.
- Wi-Fi access is still available at all locations in the parking lots and the Westminster park.
- Check out our read, watch, listen and learn while we are closed page for free online courses, stories and readings by authors, and art lessons.
- Please note that we are currently not accepting donations of physical materials at any of our locations.